Apply your focus
& intent to create
• About Us
• Art Meditation
• Contact Us
HLTH 503: Fitness Program Planning
This 13 week course provides theory, application and practice in the process of developing personalized and balanced fitness programs for clients of all ages. This course entails 39 instruction hours, equivalent in length to a standard 3 credit college course. Health Professionals earn 39 hours of CE credit from the State of California through our NILC site. Anyone is welcome to take this course.
Particular focus is placed on:
This course requires intensive self-exploration and application, since the design of a Personal Fitness Program is done by each student as part of the assessment process.
- Body Image and Mental Focus
- Tools for Planning and Process
- Components of Balanced Fitness
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Preventing Fitness-related Injuries
- Personalized Program Planning
Although this course is best done in thirteen weeks, learners are encouraged to approach the content in a self-paced, individualized way. One to one interaction with the course facilitator is a primary feature of this process. This course is done completely online from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office. All necessary written study materials are included in the course fee, including readings and downloadable manual and applicable worksheets. You may enroll at any time.
This course is intended to provide the learner with the opportunity to:
- Understand and apply theory related to body image, mental imagery and the body, fitness components, metabolism and weight control, and fitness program planning to individuals and groups
- Explore the dynamics of body image and apply the principles to personal and group fitness planning
- Apply nutrition principles to personal and group fitness planning
- Customize fitness planning to meet personal preferences, needs, and lifestyle of the individual or group
- Practice fitness record management for personal and group planning
- Explore personal beliefs, values, behaviors that promote and/or inhibit personal and group fitness planning and engagement.
- Create dynamic personal and group fitness plans for specific populations
- Apply, engage in and assess the utility of personalized and group fitness plans
Learners will be assessed using the following methods (both self and instructor evaluation):
Upon completion, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion for a 39 hour course.
- Personal Journal and Weekly Worksheets: 20%
- Personal and Group Nutritional Analysis: 10%
- Personal and Group Fitness Plans: 35%
- Fitness Plan Analyses: 25%
TOTAL TUITION: $249 USD which includes instruction, manual and worksheets. (see PROCESS above for further supplies needed).
Fee may be paid using PayPal, international money order or certified check.
Site is optimized for all browsers - for screen resolution 800x600 - for 16 bit or better color.
© June Kaminski, MSN, PhD Candidate- 2001 - 2012 -Healing Intent.com - All rights reserved.
Design by June Kaminski, Hygeia Design